Assistant Editor Position
Western Ag Reporter is seeking a highly motivated assistant editor to join our team and assist in developing weekly content for the publication.As assistant editor, you will work closely with the editor to plan and produce relevant and timely content each week.
- Meeting with editor to plan the upcoming week’s content.
- Closely monitoring breaking news in the ag industry.
- Proofread and edit copy for print.
- Suggest original ideas.
- Developing original articles each week.
- Create visual aids for articles.
- Assisting in assigning articles by providing freelancers with adequate resources.
- Assisting in freelance management ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Manage freelance writers, prepare content, and layout editorial in the absence of the editor.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience with Pages, Microsoft word, and inDesign.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an efficient and timely manner in order to meet weekly deadlines.
- Interview skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Willingness to work with a team.
- Experience in Illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
- Previous publication experience preferred.
- Ag background preferred.
This is a full-time, entry-level position that may include some overnight travel. Candidate must be willing to reside in Billings, MT and report to the office daily. Salary DOE.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and photography or graphic sample (if available) to [email protected] or Western Ag Reporter, attn: Kayla, PO Box 30758, Billings, MT 59107. Call (406) 259-4589 or (406) 930-1466 with questions and ask to speak with Kayla.
Boulder Monitor weekly newspaper seeks energetic entrepreneur to build revenue base in revitalized community. Duties include fostering existing advertiser relationships, identifying new prospects, and managing events that serve the community and sponsors. Part- or full-time, flexible hours. Competitive salary plus commission for sales above targets. Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
The Boulder Monitor is the leading paper in Jefferson County, an authoritative news source dedicated to improving civic understanding for engaged readers across the region. We are looking for a revenue manager – an energetic and creative entrepreneur who will build our advertising and sponsorship businesses. The revenue manager will serve existing advertiser relationships and identify new prospects, and will manage events that serve both the community and sponsors – helping to build a high-value business that sustains urgent, relevant, and valuable journalism.
This can be a part-time or full-time job, depending on the candidate’s preference, with flexible hours. Pay is competitive salary plus commission for sales above targets.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong entrepreneurial orientation
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Sales skills
Please send your resume and cover letter, explaining your qualifications and why you’re interested in this job, to [email protected].