IMMEDIATE OPENING: Country Media, Inc., a successful, growing family media company of 15 non-daily print publications and websites, has an opening for an Editor/Reporter. Responsible for writing day-to-day stories for our weekly newspaper in Baker, Montana, and to a lesser extent for our nearby weekly newspaper in Bowman, North Dakota. Excellent potential for advancement. Country Media offers a highly competitive salary and a variety of employee benefits, including group health insurance; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; mileage reimbursement, and others. For immediate consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Posted Nov. 5, 2019
The Livingston Enterprise is looking for a talented press operator to join our company to support our new press expansion and commercial printing. Must be very experienced in maintenance. Full company insurance package, medical, vacation. Salary compensation with experience. Send resume to [email protected].
Posted Sept. 9, 2019
Assistant Editor Position
Western Ag Reporter is seeking a highly motivated assistant editor to join our team and assist in developing weekly content for the publication.As assistant editor, you will work closely with the editor to plan and produce relevant and timely content each week.
- Meeting with editor to plan the upcoming week’s content.
- Closely monitoring breaking news in the ag industry.
- Proofread and edit copy for print.
- Suggest original ideas.
- Developing original articles each week.
- Create visual aids for articles.
- Assisting in assigning articles by providing freelancers with adequate resources.
- Assisting in freelance management ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Manage freelance writers, prepare content, and layout editorial in the absence of the editor.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience with Pages, Microsoft word, and inDesign.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an efficient and timely manner in order to meet weekly deadlines.
- Interview skills.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Willingness to work with a team.
- Experience in Illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
- Previous publication experience preferred.
- Ag background preferred.
This is a full-time, entry-level position that may include some overnight travel. Candidate must be willing to reside in Billings, MT and report to the office daily. Salary DOE.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples, and photography or graphic sample (if available) to [email protected] or Western Ag Reporter, attn: Kayla, PO Box 30758, Billings, MT 59107. Call (406) 259-4589 or (406) 930-1466 with questions and ask to speak with Kayla.