Montana Newspaper Association
Since 1885, Montana’s newspapers have joined together in solving mutual problems, facing industry wide issues and defending the Freedom of the Press and the public’s right to know about our government.
Eighty-three newspapers make up the Montana Newspaper Association. Polices are set by the Boards of Directors of the Montana Newspaper Association and the Montana Newspaper Advertising Service, acting as an extension of the entire membership
The Montana Newspaper Association brings a wide range of special services and benefits to our Professional Membership:
- Influence government policies and engage in legal advocacy to protect open government, free speech and member interest.
- Provide leadership that fosters collaboration and an overall cooperative spirit among Montana newspapers.
- Work to enhance Montana newspapers with respect to editorial excellence, advertising volume, effective use of technology and profitability.
- Provide assistance with journalistic, ethical, technical and business issues.
- Provide information and training.
- Ensure that all member newspapers are archived and catalogued for posterity.
- Support the growth of newspaper and online advertising and directly sell advertising to businesses that will benefit from our statewide reach.
- Bring together members formally and informally to exchange ideas and act effectively to share concerns and address issues.
- Service members with the highest level of regard and professionalism.